Monday, May 21, 2007

Stuttgart

I have been working in Germany for the past 3 weeks. Sometimes interesting, most of the time working.. but luckily had a break the weekend that just passed.

Stuttgart won the Bundelisga on Saturday. There was a huge party. Based on my past experience with big soccer final, I regretably chose to stay away this time to avoid getting too drunk or hurt in the aftermath of their victory.

Instead, I changed my schedule to visit Munich on match day and Stuttgart the following day to check out the aftermath. Crazy? you may say.. but well, lets just put it that it was an interesting way to understand the aftermath for once instead of always being in the thick of action.

When I arrive in Stuttgart on 20 may 2007, the town is WASTED! yes, you read it here in my blog that the TOWN IS WASTED!... there is rubbish everywhere.. broken glass littered the train station, bus stops, streets, in front of shops, in rubbish bins (for once, the right place), on the grass patches.. everywhere.. beer beer and more beer! its amazing... rubbish are piled up, some of the guys are\were still pissed drunk.

Surprisely, the stadium itself was well cleaned up. not much rubbish. just bits and pieces.. but well, the fan shop is closed after the exhaustive final. ( shucks, half the way around the globe and cant buy a sourvenir!) Well, the stadium seems serene and it just amaze me when I juxtapose the roar the day before against the serenity(almost ghost-like) of today.

Soccer is really a game that will bring the world together......

No comments: