Tuesday, February 26, 2008

First Ski trip







On a bright note, I successfully Skiied on Sunday! Yeah, my third attempt to try after failing to go the previous 2 times. (weather and work)






Its freaking tough to move around in those ski. Its damn fun when you are going down but it kills you when you are going down. I had no proper clothes as it is a last min thing (as work is excused for once) so every time I fall, it gets heavier and heavier as my Jeans get heavier with the water......






I joined a class and we were 10. Unfortunately, I was the worse. hahahaha.... dont know why as I am normally good at this type of shit..... well, an American guy gave up after 1 hour. I rested and preserved after my numerous fall..... Still i sucked at it....






The lesson started at 10 am and went on and on without break and water... hahahaa.... talked about Ski holiday... feels like camp... anyone i got 1 day off while the rest of my 'classmates' got one week holiday. So envious....






After lunch break and another few falls in 1 hour, I threw in the towel. The injured ankle could take no more. By this time, an English lady also gave up so we both went for a nice cold beer. You cannot imagine on top of a mountain at 2000 feet, the temperature could have been 16.5 deg celius. I was all soaked with sweat in the end and had to remove my scarf, gloves and jacket. And I have gotten a sun burn in the snow!! hahahaa....



Crazy weather indeed....






Anyway, that is my ski experience. Lost the first battle, but I think I am gamed for more!



hahaha.....



No comments: