Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Foreign talent in Singapore

I had my Ikea delivery of a Chest of drawers yesterday.......

The first 2 delivery man were Singaporean Malays. Once the packaging was opened, the top shelf is found to be dented and one corner chipped. i asked for a new one but the delivery guy insisted to fix it up. He said no problem sure can change. Just hold on to this for a few days.. yaddar.. yaddar...... yadddar..... all sorts of excuse andd talk cot to get it over with and move on....... regardless of my views.....

When they finished, the other guy asked me to sign the delivery form which i firmly refused. He just went,"ok, dont sign, dont sign.. its ok..." with a very sickening attitude.... I was deeply appalled at his attitude and just managed to keep my cool and sent them out.....

Once they are gone, I called the delivery team and got to speak with a very nice lady named March. Not sure where she is from (i certainly hope she is Singaporean!!) but after some ding dong, she managed to get another delivery within the same day so that I need not be at home for another day...

2 hours later, a very polite CHINA chinese guy came knocking at my door. He was very polite and very efficient. He explained to me what he is going to do and reassured me that it wont take more than 10 mins. With well polished efficiency, everything was settled within 5 mins. I was totally impressed. I thank the young lad and was of course super happy with my brand new perfect looking chest of drawers.

After the dusk settle, I asked myself, " Is this why we need foreign talent?" Is this the reason why we as Singaporeans are too contented and lazy that we have fallen behind? sad but true?
I wonder, wonder ,,,... wonder......................

No comments: