Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A hearty lunch...

As I drifted into the peaceful environment of a holiday mood office, I guess that there is little impetus to push issues through other than to catch up with some of the more mundane or pressing stuff.

The hours flew by as I grapple with the administrative issues before Lunch time beckons. Somehow ZAM ZAM murtabak and bryani crept into my mind and I quietly requested my dear colleague to fetch us there... :) Ever the gracious lady (Thank you, Ah min!), she readily agreed and 6 of us packed into her car and zipped along to North Bridge Road....

Once we negotiated the parking, which incidently was the first trip for Suhaila in a lift for cars, we arrived at ZAM ZAM ravaged by hunger. Orders flew in and we waited impatiently for our briyani-s and murtabak to come.


Strangly, the chicken briyani were not really up to standard (though still nice). A tad disappointing to say... Thankfully, the Murtabak is a God-sent as we quickly whacked the huge piece away.. hahahaa.... ever the glutton of me, I ordered another 2 egg and 2 koso prata which I thgt were of the normal side. Lo and behold when the pratas came, the size took everyone by surprise. HUGE !!!! Much as we tried, we were unable to finish all of the orders but it is suffice to say, we did not waste much.......

All in all, a Hearty Lunch.. and it sure feels good to have good company for a good lunch.

No comments: