Friday, March 23, 2007

Denilson

The New Dunga

Denilson is currently the captain of the Brazilian national side at U-19 level. Starting his career at Sao Paulo, Denilson played 12 games as a defensive midfielder before catching the eye of Arsene Wenger at Arsenal. He plays like the lengendary Dunga in the same position and is commanding as the captain of the U-19.

He signed for us on the last day of the August transfer window for £3.4 million (US$6.5 million), Wenger strengthened his midfield options after the release of Pires and Bergkamp in the summer of 2006. He is the likely successor to Gilberto.

Denilson said upon signing for the club: 'It has been a dream for me since I was young to play in Europe, but I never imagined I could sign for a club like Arsenal so early in my career.
'I am going to try to my maximum and I want my football to mature here.
'I really think I can become a champion with Arsenal and make it into one of the best players in the world.'

In November 2006, Denilson was called up to the Brazilian national side for a friendly match against Switzerland but he did not play that day.

He made his Premiership debut for Arsenal in a 1-0 defeat against Sheffield United coming on as a substitute on December 30, 2006.

Things look bright as Denilson has featured as a substitute in more than a handful of games for us. He Will Be someone to look out for in the near future.!!

You go! Young Gunner!!!

No comments: