Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Memoirs on a MRT.....

It never occurred to me that some rides in the MRT can be so interesting……

For the past few months during my commute to work on the MRT, I have met beautiful babes, smelly uncles, dirty workers, talkative aunties, rowdy school children and even goose-bum-me lovers....... Every one of them has a story. Funny, horrible, cute, beautiful and gross ones varied….

One particular incident was quite heartbreaking. One Malay girl was telling her friend on the train on how her boyfriend broke up with her after she caught him with anther girl. She cried and sobbed her story out on the train, oblivious to the crowd that was listening to her as she poured her soul out to her friend. Well, its probably hurts her heart so much that she did not bother to keep it down and bottled in her heart.

Another time, I was stuck near to the door; my face nearly plastered to the window pane due to the incredible peak hour crowd. As the train door open from the other side, I feel myself pressed even closer to the glass. Sticky arms and feet, bag packs and even breasts were pushing and squeezing every ounce of me against the door. I wondered momentarily whether I should shout ‘Molest!!!”……. Horrible experience that made me realize that sometimes, it may help if you have a big bag pack or smell like shit to warn off these crazy pushers.

This morning, I had a bag pack ready and my hands glued tight to the side of my body; ready to defend my circle of space……. Well, sometimes, the attack comes from the air. There was this I-don’t-smell-so-good guy who came in and stood right in front of my nostrils. Needless to say, he had a good circumference of space given to him out of respect for his all powerful odor!

After some time, I develop a new interest for my MRT rides. Come rain or shine, squeeze or space, smell or fresh…. Every new ride promise another adventure if you open your mind and endure the ‘torture’… Trust me….. it may be worth your while to try a ride

No comments: