Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Lethargic days...after the 1-1 draw

Had a late barbecue on Sunday night before the big match... So by the time I reached home and switched on the TV, I was ready to fall asleep. My desperate attempt to walk to the kitchen and bring out a beer was futile as the spirit was willing but the flesh is weak.

As I slump in my ever wonderful sofa with my mrs beside me, my body started to stir from its slumber with the starting whistle of the BIG GAME! The cresendo was sent flying of the Richter scale with the stupid free kick given to Liverpool which Steven G duely dispatched. No fault of Blondie as somehow the wall broke down and left a huge gap for the ball to rocket through.

After that, the challenge was to climb back on level terms. We went on and on and on... The players were not matured enough to take the chances in front of goal and Fabregas even panicked with the whole goal open. The good thing is that the new Arsenal does not give up. We created chance after chance and FINALLY, Fabregas tucked one home.

After the equaliser, i thought we were really going to win it. Only for Bendtner to miss a wide open goal. crazy! even my grandmother can score that.... sigh.....

due to the last night showing and viewing, i was exhausted by the time i reached my bed at 2 am. the following day was a drag at work and things were just swimming all around my head... tragic..

today is Wed and I am still dizzy from the late night. boy, i am getting old......

Mood: Stone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i"m trying to find the picture of the mighty charlie george giving the"v"s to the chelsea penshioners at stamford bridge,any ideas???